Will Tummy Tuck Scars Go Away?
A question that many patients after the procedure will ask. Although having a visible scar following a surgery is something no one wants, it is sometimes unavoidable. Tummy tucks, in particular, are known for their ability to virtually hide beneath clothing and bathing suits once the procedure is complete.
For many patients, having a scar from tummy tuck surgery is worth it because of the stunning transformation that can be achieved. However, it is still crucial to have realistic expectations regarding how your tummy tuck scar will look and how it will diminish over time. Find out what to expect from a Tummy Tuck in Toronto and what you can do to hasten the healing and fade of your scar. Now let’s see does tummy tuck removes fat, and do tummy tuck scars fade?
How Do Tummy Tuck Scars look Like? Will Tummy Tuck Scars Go Away?
The length and location of tummy tuck scars can vary depending on the type and extent of the procedure. Mini tummy tucks, which have a smaller incision than traditional Abdominoplasty in Ontario, can be a good option for patients with only a small amount of excess skin. Extending the procedure to include an incision running from hip to hip is another option for those who want to remove a large amount of excess skin. In both cases, your doctor should take great care to hide the surgical incisions under clothing and within your natural body contours as much as possible.
Do Scars After a Tummy Tuck Fade Away?
Will Tummy Tuck Scars Go Away? Do tummy tuck stitches dissolve? Tummy tuck scars, like any surgery scars, will never totally disappear. Tummy tuck scars can be significantly reduced in visibility with proper healing and aftercare, provided the surgery is performed correctly.
How long It Takes, and Will Tummy Tuck Scars Go Away Completely?
Will Tummy Tuck Scars Go Away Completely? As we mentioned, Yes! The time of recovery for a tummy tuck varies from patient to patient due to the wide range of variables influencing how the scars look. The following is an example of how your scars should develop over time.
- Days after surgery: The incision site following a this procedure may be elevated, lumpy, and uncomfortable for a few days after the procedure. Additionally, you should expect some swelling, inflammation, and even some oozing. There will be a layer of skin adhesive on the surface for 10-14 days, which serves as a barrier against bacteria.
- A month later: Depending on your skin tone and type, your scar may become pink, brown, or dark red within a month of the operation. A touch of raised or bumpy skin can be upsetting, but it will go away in time. As time passes, the mark will vanish.
- Two months later: Your scars may be pink, red, or brown, swollen, and elevated to a certain degree. The incisions themselves will be healed at this stage.
- Three months later: Even though the scars are still red or brown, they may begin to flatten and shrink after three months.
- Six months later: Scars will still be visible six months after treatment, but the red or brown pigmentation on them will begin to disappear somewhat.
- After a year: There will be a visible reduction in scarring one year following the procedure. Even though your scars will never totally disappear, they will fade to the point where they are barely noticeable.
Does Tummy Tuck Reduce Belly Fat?
A tummy tuck can tighten the weak fascia and remove loose, extra skin and fat. A tummy tuck can remove almost all stretch marks and extra skin in the lower abdomen below the belly button. This procedure does not correct stretch marks outside this particular location.
Following the surgeon’s post-surgical instructions to the letter might help minimize the appearance of scars.
- Before undergoing the treatment, your surgeon will provide you with more specific instructions.
- Sunscreen is essential for at least a year following your treatment to protect your scar from the sun.
- Don’t smoke for at least six weeks after your tummy tuck procedure. The healing process can be slowed down by smoking.
- Drink a lot of water and eat healthy foods while you’re recovering.
- Exercise should be avoided for at least six weeks.
To ensure that Will Tummy Tuck Scars Go Away, you need to find a good surgeon and follow up care.
Check Tummy tuck before after pictures here.