Who is a Good Candidate?
You are a good candidate if:
- • You are not pleased with the shape of your lips.
- • You want to have prominent lips.
- • You want to pull your lips upward and always have a smiling shape on your lips.
- • You want your teeth to be seen while smiling and have a more beautiful smile.
- • The distance from the upper lip to the nose is more than 1.5 cm.
In lip lift surgery, the patient can undergo this operation with both local anesthesia and general anesthesia, the choice diagnosis of which depends on the patient’s condition and the doctor’s opinion. After preparing the patient for surgery, the sites required for the incision are identified, and then the necessary incisions are made by the surgeon. After making the incision, the surgeon pulls the lip skin upwards to increase the size of the upper lip and cuts off the extra skin. Finally, the surgeon will do surgical sutures on the skin.
Of course, the filler method can also be used. Fillers are generally made from a substance called hyaluronic acid. After hyaluronic acid enters the lips, it absorbs water and moisture and then increases lips volume due to the absorbing properties of this substance. The filler is entirely safe, and you can use it without any problem. The filler injection usually takes ten to fifteen minutes, and the complications typically go away within 24 hours.
After surgery, mild pain, swelling, and temporary bruising occur for several days. In the first 72 hours after the surgery, you can stop the swelling by putting an ice compress on the upper lip, and you reduce your pain by taking some prescribed painkillers. Many patients wait until the stitches are removed (5 to 7 days) and then return to work, but at this time, you still have swelling. You will feel stiffness in your lips for a few weeks. Within 1 to 2 weeks, the swelling subsides significantly, and after a month, most of the nodes will be gone.
Complications after the surgery are minimal and preventable if the patient does what the doctor recommends after the lip lift.
- • After surgery, Swelling and Bruising.
- • Numbness or pain in the upper lip for several days.
- • Itching and redness in the operated area.
- • Infection.