What is body contouring?
Body contouring surgery refers to a number of different body sculpting procedures that are used to reshape almost any area of the body. Radical weight loss, childbirth, and aging combined with lack of plasticity in the skin and its underlying tissue may leave areas of the body with excess fat and loose skin tissue that are unresponsive to diet and exercise. Body sculpting procedures effectively remove these stubborn problem areas, lift the body in the treated area and tighten the skin by stretching it. These include:
• Breast Lift
• Tummy tuck
• Lower body lift
• Medial thigh lift
• Arm Lift
Body lifting can be combined with liposuction. Liposuction removes the clumps of localized fat but does not tighten the skin. If the skin lacks elasticity, liposuction can even give it a less aesthetic appearance.
Who is a good Candidate?
Like liposuction, body lifting is not a solution to obesity; it is mainly for patients whose weight is roughly normal.
You are a good candidate for body contouring if:
• Your weight loss has been stabilized
• You have relatively large areas of loose skin and/or sagging fat
• You are otherwise healthy and do not have a serious illness or medical condition that may impair the healing
• You are a Non-smoker or can abstain from smoking for at least three weeks before and after the surgery
• You have a positive outlook, with a clear and realistic vision of what you want the procedure do for you
• You are willing to keep up with a healthy life style to keep the results of your procedure last long.
Most body contouring surgeries are performed under general anesthesia. The procedures may take between three to five hours to complete depending on the location and extent of the area that is treated.
Loose skin cannot be removed without leaving scars, and body contouring often means long incisions that result in long scars. Your surgeon will do their best to minimize the appearance of the scars and conceal them in such a way that they are not visible.
During your consultation, the plastic surgeon will discuss with you the type of scars you will get. The scars will fade over time, but they are permanent and their width, height, and final color are unpredictable.
You can resume your normal activities within a couple of weeks. Many people return to work the third week after surgery however the length of the recovery may be different from one individual to the other. It may take 6-12 months for the results of your body contouring to be fully realized.
Though infrequent, complications may include
• Temporary numbness of the skin
• Accumulation of fluid under the skin (Seroma)
• Accumulation of blood under the skin (Hematoma)
Hematoma and Seroma may require intervention to drain the blood or serum that is accumulated under the skin. There may be complications with the healing of the wound after surgery which may be exacerbated for smokers.
Price & Cost
Price range: From CA$15000 True sculpturing Depending on the extent of surgery. Our surgeon can give you an exact estimate of the cost after examination & talking with you. The Consult session is free.