What is Body Contouring Surgery? All You Need to Know!
In this post, we will review the body contouring process, the importance of fitness, and the features of a good candidate for body contouring. Body Contouring Surgery | Grand Genesis Plastic Surgery | Toronto
Significant weight loss brings many benefits. However, after each weight loss, whether due to surgery or lifestyle changes, the skin and tissues of the body lose their elasticity, and its adaptation to body size, disappears. Body contouring surgery covers a wide range of cosmetic procedures and improves the appearance of the body by changing its shape or size. This surgery is often performed to contour and adjusts body lines in the waist, abdomen, thighs, buttocks, upper pelvis, and arms.
What is Body contouring surgery?
Body contouring surgery is performed after weight loss and in addition to removing excess skin and body fat, it also strengthens the underlying layers. The result is a better appearance and regular skin lines.
The body contouring process may include the following:
- Arm lift: Correction of sagging skin on the upper arms
- Breast lift: Correction of sagging skin around the breasts
- Facelift: Correction of sagging middle skin of the face, chin, and neck
- Lower limb lift: Correction of sagging skin in the abdominal area, buttocks, inside and outside the thighs
- Intra-thigh lift: Correction of sagging skin inside the thighs
Tummy Tuck: Corrects sagging excess skin around the abdominal area.
What can Body contouring surgery do?
The goal of contouring body surgery is to remove or tighten excess skin that results from severe weight loss, pregnancy, and aging. Also, this extra skin makes you uncomfortable and looks heavy.
Why do we need to have fitness?
If we have a problem with fitness so it:
- Makes it difficult to walk and exercise
- Disrupts the body’s natural posture in a variety of positions, such as sitting or standing
- Bending the back and shoulders
- Chronic pimples and infections in the genital area
- Decreased personal confidence
Body contouring surgery can help achieve the right size, better walking, and physical activity, improving personal health and comfort.
Who is a good candidate for body contouring surgery?
People with the following conditions are generally good candidates for body contouring:
- Fixed weight adults
- Healthy people without being in a special medical condition that affects the healing process and increases the risk of high-risk surgery.
- People with a positive and realistic attitude towards surgical goals
- People who have a healthy lifestyle, proper food intake, and fitness at the forefront of their lives.
Deciding on a body contouring process is very personal and may not be suitable for everyone. Always consult with your plastic surgeon before deciding whether or not to have surgery. He first examines and evaluates your general health condition and then chooses the best treatment for you.
How to get ready for body contouring surgery?
During the counseling session, be prepared to discuss the following:
- Your goals of surgery
- Medical status, drug allergies, and previous treatments.
- The medicines you are currently taking are vitamins, herbal medicines, alcohol, and tobacco
- Previous surgeries
Marketing by www.blueweb.ca