What is Tummy Tuck Surgery?
Do you need a complete guide for Tummy Tuck surgery? In this article, we will review some issues about Tummy Tuck Surgery or Abdominoplasty. Stay with us.
Tummy tuck or Abdominoplasty, commonly known as abdominal cosmetic surgery, is a surgery that is performed to remove excess skin, scars, skin cracks, and fat from the abdomen. And sometimes to tighten the abdominal muscles.
In other words, Tummy Tuck Surgery (Abdominoplasty) is a cosmetic surgery procedure that can treat abdominal deformity in the form of accumulation of excess fat, convex abdomen, sagging skin, and cracks in the abdominal area, which has adverse effects on physical and mental health. These defects that disrupt the beauty of the abdomen are always discussed in daily life.
These issues occur for various reasons, such as aging, fatness and weight loss, and multiple pregnancy periods.
- • Loosening of the skin
- • Accumulation of fat
- • Cracks in the skin
- • Scars
An Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck, loose abdominal muscles become stronger after surgery. The sagging skin that also has cracks and excess fat is removed, and the abdominal muscles are sutured with a special technique to create a flat, firm, young abdomen with a beautiful appearance.
Everybody can have a flat abdomen. As a result of the operation, the operation site will remain in the lower abdomen and remain under the bikini or underwear.
Abdominoplasty or Tummy tuck is one of the most common cosmetic procedures in recent decades, which has revolutionized the field of plastic and cosmetic surgery. The growing number of applicants in the world for this type of cosmetic surgery has made it dramatically popular.
Women who have experienced childbirth welcome such surgery because it gives them the flat and beautiful abdomen they expect. We are here to inform the people of Toronto about Tummy tuck.
To perform this type of surgery (Tummy tuck in Toronto), you must first receive the necessary information to make the right decision to do it.
This surgery is for those who:
– Suffer from abdominal injuries such as trauma
– Those who have abdominal cavities
– Women who have experienced childbirth
– To regenerate skin cellulite and reduce the size of the abdomen.
If you live in Toronto, and you need to consult with experienced surgeons in Toronto, you can call us now.
The Abdominal Deformity is Associated with Many Factors
The main factors of the abdominal deformity are:
- • Hormonal changes,
- • Constant sitting,
- • Pregnancy,
- • Postpartum processes,
- • Aging,
- • Genetic predisposition,
- • Weight loss,
- • Intermittent weight gain
Types of abdominoplasty techniques
Depending on the patient׳s aim and the minimized unpleasant natural consequences, the surgeon chooses an appropriate technique. The abdominoplasty techniques can be classified as follows:
- • Complete abdominoplasty
- • Expanded abdominoplasty
- • Mini Abdominoplasty (Mini Tummy tuck)
- • Floating abdominoplasty
- • Fleur-De-Lis abdominoplasty
- • Reverse abdominoplasty
- • Lipoabdominoplasty
Benefits of Abdominoplasty (Tummy tuck in Toronto)
The advantages of abdominal surgery over other weight loss methods are:
- • Skin regeneration
- • Skin lift
- • Quickly eliminates excess fat
- • Compared to other fat reduction methods, it has the least side effects and the highest efficiency.
- • Repair abdominal injuries or trauma
- • Strengthens weakened muscles
- • Improves bladder function
- • Eliminates itching, irritation, and fungus on the skin
- • Correction of the shape of the abdomen and pelvis
- • The result of abdominoplasty is permanent. (Of course, by maintaining a healthy diet and physical activity)
- • Makes you look beautiful and attractive
Why Does the Abdomen Become Convex?
The curvature of the abdomen occurs when the abdominal muscles relax, lose their elasticity, and separate, especially during pregnancy. At that time, the internal volume of the abdomen increases. This condition causes a convex appearance in the tummy.
How Does Skin Cracking Occur?
The abdomen skin’s softness is very significant in terms of beauty. In people who become fat and thin regularly, and during the pregnancy of women, the skin of the tummy is stretched, loses its quality, and becomes thin. By the end of pregnancy, the skin of the thinned abdomen appears, and cracks appear. Besides the tummy, cracks appear in the breast area during breastfeeding. It causes some problems in the appearance of the body.
Effects of Pregnancy on Abdominoplasty
In some women, changes in the body’s metabolic mechanism during pregnancy increase the abdomen and buttocks’ fat become permanent. Because the fats in these areas are stubborn, they are strongly resistant to diet and exercise. These are the fats that do not burn easily. This adipose tissue causes sagging in the abdomen.
How Does a Big, Fat Tummy Affect your Health?
Accumulation of fat, overweight, and fat formation in the abdomen pave the way for health problems. It leads to the following problems:
- • High blood pressure,
- • Cardiovascular disease,
- • Respiratory disorders,
- • Premature aging,
- • Decrease the quality of life due to sedentary lifestyle, followed by psychological problems resulting in Decreased self-esteem,
- • Problems in private life,
- • Feelings of inattention,
- • Reduced motivation.
- • Inability to behave fine in social life arises
Can Pregnant Women Have a Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)?
Tummy tuck or Abdominoplasty is not a barrier to pregnancy. This surgery is safe for women who want to be pregnant. It is significant to determine the pregnancy calendar according to the postoperative period of infertility.
Recovery takes 6 to 12 months, so pregnancy should be at least one year after surgery.
However, it is recommended that a person have an abdominoplasty after the last pregnancy. Because if she becomes pregnant after the surgery, they cause the skin to loosen again, and the sutured muscles will open due to stretching.
Eligible Who is a Good Candidate for Abdominoplasty Surgery
– People with shiny skin and a healthy appearance
– People who are not fat
– People who can not get rid of belly fat despite exercising
– Those who have loose and sagging skin in the abdomen and cracks
– Those who have a large tummy without childbirth
– Those who have loose, sagging, and cracked skin in the belly due to childbirth.
– Those who are overweight and have accumulated fat only in the abdomen, although they are suitable in size
– Those who do not have a health problem that prevents surgery
– Those who do not intend to become pregnant shortly after surgery
Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck For Obesity
Unfortunately, the number of fat people is increasing every day. Irregular and unhealthy diets and a more sedentary lifestyle are the two principal causes of this problem.
The tummy is one of the areas affected by obesity. The fatness manifests itself in the accumulation of excess fat and overweight. Its treatment is significant for obese patients before any abdominoplasty. Because obesity is a health problem rather than a beauty problem. So before surgery, it is better to remove excess skin and fat and use lipolysis or liposuction techniques to remove stubborn fat.
Tummy tuck or Abdominoplasty is performed based on the level of obesity and is applied for appropriate patients. This surgery is performed to remove the sagging skin in the abdomen after treating obesity.
Can Liposuction and Fat removal be Performed Together with Tummy tuck surgery?
If excess fat is in the upper abdomen and the lower back, liposuction with abdominoplasty is possible by the surgeon. In terms of beauty, the belly and waist will be in harmony.
Is Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty Risky?
With special precautions, potential risks in abdominoplasty can be eliminated. The most significant risk is an infection at the surgical site, accumulating contaminated fluid and blood in the abdomen. Antibiotics will eliminate these risks. In the early stages of recovery after surgery, the tummy is stretched, and this may cause the sutures to rupture. In this case, the wound is sutured again.
Design of a Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty Operation
The plastic surgeon makes a surgical design based on the amount of fat accumulation, the amount of sagging skin, and the looseness of whether the overweight and fat accumulation is only in the abdominal area. The surgery flattens the abdomen while slightly narrowing the lower back. If there is an overweight problem in the belly, other different treatment options will be considered.
Things to Do Before the Tummy Tuck Surgery
– If the patient has already had abdominal surgery, the surgeon should pay attention to it when assessing the situation.
– In cases of smoking, which delays wound healing due to slowed blood flow, the patient should refrain from smoking from 3 weeks before to 3 weeks after surgery.
– In this operation, the skin must become thinner to smooth and stretch as much as desired. Therefore, the patient loses weight before the surgery so that the skin can become thinner.
– Medications that may adversely affect surgery should not be used. Blood thinners should be stopped two weeks before surgery.
– Menstrual time in women should not interfere with surgery time.
Preoperative Care of Abdominoplasty
- • Preoperative measures for abdominoplasty surgery
- • Be sure to tell your plastic surgeon if you have a history of any particular illness.
- • Talk to your doctor if you follow a specific prescription.
- • Avoid smoking, alcohol, and drugs for at least two weeks before surgery.
- • On the day of the operation, be sure to have someone with you as a supporter so that he or she can help you after the surgery.
- • Get advice from your specialist and surgeon about abdominoplasty surgery.
- • Choose the best abdominoplasty surgeon.
What Are the Relative Contraindications to Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- • smoking
- • Diabetes
- • Malnutrition
- • Wound healing disorders
- • Immune disorder
- • Taking anticoagulants
- • Significant history of clotting in the deep veins of the leg or lungs
- • Intestinal or bladder dysfunction
- • Venous insufficiency or lower limb lymphedema
- • Significant medical problems include chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, renal failure, anemia.
What Method is Used in Tummy Tuck Surgery (Abdominoplasty)?
There are two types of tummy tuck surgery. Mini-Abdominoplasty and Complete Abdominoplasty. The process that works best is preferable based on the severity and location of the problem in the abdomen.
Determinants of a Complete Abdominoplasty
The determining factor in Complete Abdominoplasty is that the problem is in the upper abdomen and the abdominal muscles are too far apart. The operation is performed by a vertical incision between the upper abdomen and groin or a horizontal incision. The problem is treated by removing loose skin, crack lines, hanging excess fat, and excess tissue in the upper or lower abdomen. The abdominal muscles tighten. The upper abdomen is pulled down and sutured. The operation is performed within 3 to 4 hours under general anesthesia.
Determinants of Mini-Abdominoplasty
The patient undergoes abdominoplasty surgery:
- • If the problem is in the umbilical region,
- • If there is sagging, lines due to cracking, and moderate relaxation,
- • If the abdominal muscles are not loose and are not separated,
- • If there is no sagging in the upper umbilical region
The mini-abdominoplasty will not affect the umbilicus. Excess fat and skin under the navel, which causes stretch marks to loosen and sag, and loosen and separate the abdominal muscles, are removed to give the abdomen a firm structure. The surgery will be performed under general anesthesia within 1.5 hours.
How long after abdominoplasty or tummy tuck surgery can the patient start his daily activities? And how long after surgery can he start exercising?
If abdominoplasty surgery involves the abdominal wall muscles’ placement (or pleating), it is forbidden to do strenuous exercise or lift heavy objects for two months.
Normal activities can be done after 10 to 14 days. Driving is prohibited for 2 to 3 weeks.
How is the Patient Sleeping, Resting, and Walking After Abdominoplasty Surgery?
– During the first two weeks after the operation, the patient should use a high pillow under the head during sleep (30 to 40 degrees), and the legs should be gathered from the hip joint to the abdomen.
– Sleeping on the tummy is prohibited. Rotation to the sides with the legs together is unobstructed.
– For 10 to 14 days after the operation, when walking, the patient should be bent.
How Long After the Operation the Patient Can Travel By Air?
Air travel is unrestricted after three weeks. If the patient is from abroad, it is recommended that he be present in the therapeutic country for at least one month after the operation.
How to Dress After Abdominoplasty Surgery?
It is recommended that the patient wear loose clothing during the postoperative period.
What are The Dietary Guidelines After Abdominoplasty Surgery?
After the patient is fully conscious and does not vomit, the use of liquids such as water and fruit juice is unrestricted, and in case of tolerance, the use of compote and softened biscuits is unrestricted. In the night after the operation, eating light foods such as soup is unrestricted. A normal diet (low to medium volume) is unobstructed from the day after the operation, but overeating should be avoided.
Other Healing Processes After a Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty
– The patient will regain consciousness a few hours after the operation
– After removing the drain, the patient will be discharged. The drain is removed on the second or third day after surgery.
– On the first days, avoid movements that pressure the abdomen and do not lift heavy objects.
– The operation site in the abdomen should be bandaged. And after removing the bandage, the patient wears an abdominal corset for an average of 6 weeks.
– Painkillers are used at the operation site and for pain. This mild pain will disappear within 3 to 4 days.
– To prevent infection, the patient uses antibiotics for seven days
– In the first week, the patient should avoid lying on his back
– On the fourth day, the patient can take a bath for the first time
– The stitches are removed by a plastic surgeon ten days after the operation
– Usually, the patient returns to work two weeks after the surgery. In mini-abdominoplasty, this period is five days.
– Up to 3 months after surgery, the patient should refrain from strenuous exercise
– Swelling at the surgical site will disappear completely after 6 months
– The abdomen will improve totally after six months and will find a new shape. In mini-abdominoplasty, the wounds will heal after six months. The patient will find a flat, beautiful, and natural abdomen.
– The operation site hidden under the underwear will find a normal skin color after the twelfth month.
What Happens After Abdominoplasty Surgery?
After surgery, you will be given specific instructions on medications, diet, activity, and site care.
This information is very critical, and you should follow it so that you do not have any complications. And you should be under the constant supervision of your doctor in Toronto for a long time after the operation to ensure complete recovery. Of course, consuming nutritious and protein-rich foods can speed up the healing process.
By observing the mentioned points, you can return to your normal state after a maximum of 4 weeks and resume your daily life.
Abdominoplasty, like any other surgery, can have side effects, including:
- • Numb
- • Persistent fatigue
- • Bruising
- • Circulatory disorders
- • Increased risk of diabetes
- • Reaction and sensitivity to anesthetic drugs
- • Change in skin color
- • Inflammation
- • Slow recovery process
- • Bleeding
- • Infection
- • Suture rupture
- • Complications of cosmetic abdominal surgery
The Best Abdominoplasty Surgeon in Toronto (Tummy Tuck in Toronto)
If you decide to have cosmetic abdominal surgery, we recommend that you only go to surgeons with good training and skills. These surgeons will talk to you about possible methods that can be done for you and produce the best results.
Before the operation, you should also talk to your surgeon about when and how to pay for the operation. Abdominal cosmetic surgery is not an emergency surgery for anyone. If you feel that the surgeon does not want to give you enough time to think about the operation, it is best to look for another surgeon.
The Importance of Choosing the Best Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck Surgeon in Toronto
Choosing the best abdominoplasty surgeon is so important. If you do not select the best surgeon in Toronto for such an operation, it can cause you irreparable damage and also endanger your beauty and health.
In choosing the best abdominoplasty surgeon in Toronto, one should pay attention to factors such as:
- • The number of successful operations,
- • Review of research records,
- • Level of experience based on years of work experience.
If you choose the best plastic surgeon in Toronto for a Tummy tuck; The risks and possible side effects mentioned above are significantly reduced.
Marketing by www.blueweb.ca