At Grand Genesis Plastic Surgery Clinic our surgeons use the latest Radio Frequency Technology of THERMItight® for minimally invasive skin tightening procedures.
What is THERMItight®?
THERMItight® is a minimally-invasive treatment that uses Radio Frequency heat to stimulate production of collagen and restructure skin tissue. By doing so it both removes excess fat and tightens loose skin. It is used to treat sagging skin on the face, neck, back, tummy, breasts, thighs and knees. THERMItight® is also an effective one-application treatment to temporary reduce signs of cellulite with results lasting up to 5 years.
Other applications of ThermiRF include:
Who Is A Good Candidate?
You are a good candidate for THERMItight® if:
- You have mild to moderate lax and saggy skin on the area to be treated
- You are not ready for a more invasive procedure or don’t want the procedure to leave any scars behind
- You want results that last longer than dermal filler treatments
- You need additional skin tightening after liposuction
- You have a positive outlook, with a clear and realistic vision of what you want the procedure do for you
- You are otherwise healthy and do not have a serious illness or medical condition that may impair the healing
THERMItight® procedure takes one to two hours depending on the area that is being treated. During the procedure a small electrode is inserted under the skin to heat tissue to a therapeutic temperature. The heat contracts collagen molecules, stimulates collagen production and gives the skin appearance of lifting or tightening.
Your surgeon will use local anesthesia for the procedure but other methods of anesthesia are also available to you with your surgeon’s approval.
You will notice some swelling and bruising after the procedure which will subside in a day or two. You may be asked to wear compression garment or bandage over the treated area to help with the swelling.
Most patients will return to their normal activities shortly after the procedure making THERMItight®t an ideal choice for today’s busy lifestyles. Noticeable results from THERMItight® will take from three to four weeks to appear because the skin tightening effects and collagen remodeling take time. The results of THERMItight® will last from three to five years, sometimes longer with appropriate maintenance.