Who is a good candidate?
You are a good candidate if:
- You are not satisfied with the appearance and asymmetry of the labia and it makes an unpleasant appearance
- You suffer from pain and burning in this area due to enlarged labia
- You lose your confidence in intimacy for this reason
- You have dark labia and want to get rid of their dark labia
- You have pain during marital relations
- You feel burning and itching after intercourse, and your sexual life is disrupted
- You have difficulty passing urine and urinary tract infections
- You can not wear tight clothes or jeans due to the size of the labia
There are different methods for performing labia augmentation surgery. But these two methods are preferred by surgeons:
Trim and wedge methods
1- Trim technique:
In this technique, the inner lips are clamped and incised and the edges are sutured. It takes about 1 hour.
2- Wedge technique:
By making a V-shaped incision at the edges of the labia minora, a wedge of labia minora is being cut out. The top of the wedge should be placed to be the mirror image of the most prominent anatomical variant. This type of operation will take longer but will have better results.
Most labiaplasties are performed under local anesthesia without intravenous injection (IV therapy). The operation time is about one hour and you can easily return home after the operation
To control pain, infection, and swelling after labia augmentation surgery, you should consider the following points:
- Take prescribed painkillers and antibiotics on time
- Genital hygiene should be maintained until recovery and the position should be kept clean and dry.
- Don’t have a marital relationship 6 to 8 weeks after surgery
- Don’t do any severe exercise for a month after surgery
- Do not bathe for two days after surgery and do not stay in the tub or pool until the wounds have healed.
- You can use ice packs to reduce pain and swelling at the surgical site.
- You should also use foods that are laxative and high in fiber to prevent constipation from pressing on surgical wounds.
- If the infection or stitches open, you should see your healthcare provider or doctor immediately.
Complications of labia augmentation include the following:
- Labia augmentation surgery bruising
- Tissue wound
- Creating a blood clot in a vein
- All that has been said is nothing to worry about because it will go away after a short time or can be treated with the advice of a doctor.
After the procedure, visit your doctor if any of these symptoms appear
- Abnormal discharge (green and yellow discharge)
- Severe headaches
- Abnormal pain