Dr. Steph Byun grew up in Toronto and attended Claude Watson School for the Arts as a Visual Arts Major. She went to Western University on full scholarship, obtaining an Honors Bachelor of Medical Science and Master of Science degree in Anatomy and Cell Biology. She attended Medical School at McMaster University.
Her love of Art and Science was combined in Plastic Surgery, and she completed residency at Dalhousie University in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia. She went on to pursue fellowship in Microsurgical Breast Reconstruction at Yale University in Connecticut, while kayaking the waters of New England.
She enjoys traveling, cooking, hiking, painting, and spending time with family and friends.
• Grew up in Toronto
• School: Claude Watson for Arts as a Visual Arts Major
• University: Western University on FULL SCHOLARSHIP – Honors Bachelor of Medical Science and Master of Science degree in Anatomy and Cell Biology
• Medical School: McMaster University
• Plastic Surgery Post Graduate Residency: Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
• Microsurgical Breast Reconstruction Fellowship: Yale University, Connecticut, USA
• Canadian Plastic Surgery Specialty Effective Date: By CPSO, April-2019
• Her love of art and science, combined in Plastic Surgery, ensure a nice outcome.